Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is associated with hoarding and/or sharing particular content on a web server administered by a hosting supplier. There are different classes of hosting services utilized for different aims, so let's survey them. Doing so, you can choose what you need, depending on whether you desire to have a web page, e-mail accounts, or to share files with buddies and associates.
- File hosting: a solution delivered by given providers, which allows you to share immense files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage plans are frequently supported by displaying advertisements next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a particular amount of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file hosting account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a completely incorrect explanation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would split the workload between individual groups of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending various site hosting services (mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, web space hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is only a brand of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; specific firms offer a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting brand is suitable if you want to share a vast amount of images with pals or acquaintances since the service is mostly free. You will obtain a random link for each pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to tackling your e-mailbox accounts. Some providers offer web space hosting services for websites, but do not offer an email hosting solution. If you want to open a mail address with your domain name but do not want to run a website, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can set up mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a specific video file, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video clip produces a particular amount of CPU load, so with a handful of videos and a few hundred site visitors, you may have difficulty with your hosting resources. Embedding the video file will allow you to manage as many videos as you desire without worrying about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to possess a site. To some extent, it involves all of the aforementioned hosting sorts since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and email box accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At Exclusive Hosting, for example, you can explore web hosting and dedicated web server hosting solutions that enable you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in a single place. There may be limits depending on the kind of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting package may be better or worse compared with the routine email/file/video/image hosting packages that are created for specific content solely.